The Club Nintendo year ends today! Be sure to reach your elite platinum or gold status so you can redeem your exclusive reward!
Archive for June, 2012
Just freakish… and amazing…
Thanks CadenTheGreat for the heads up!
The question isn’t where… but when! Get it before it’s gone!
Also, this artwork was shown at the Six Seasons and a Movie Community art show in LA earlier this week. I had the wonderful pleasure of attending it and am currently trying to figure out the best way to post about 150 photos from the event.
Coins coin coin coins. Coin coins coins coins. Coins, coins coins coins. Coins? COINS! COINS COINS COINS!
Via Tiny Cartridge.
Nintendo showed a new trailer for New Super Mario Bros. 2 at it’s Nintendo Direct on Friday. It looks quite excellent.
Just for comparison, watch this trailer that is all but identical to the above video, except it’s for the UK, which means the fellow speaking has an elegant British accent that I personally prefer to his American counterpart (I am so considering adapting a British accent).
Porter! Mayoral duties! New stores! Who knows why on earth Nintendo of America refused to mention it at E3 or in their new Nintendo Direct.
Well, Animal Crossing 3DS will becoming to Japan this Fall and Europe in 2013. While this new trailer is awesome, personally I hope they release some official North Americans Animal Crossing info soon.
Via Nintendo 3DS Blog.
At the Nintendo Direct the other day (sorry I didn’t blog about it sooner, I was out of town) Nintendo announced the 3DS XL! It’s screens are 90% larger than those of the 3DS and it has a slightly longer battery life. It’ll cost $200 and will be releasing August 19th (the same day as New Super Mario Bros. 2) in Red and Blue in North America. Check out it’s specs and more images below.
- 134mm × 74mm × vertical thickness horizontal 21mm (when folded)
- (Including the battery pack stylus SD memory card) 235g
- (Approximately 16.77 million colors viewable) widescreen LCD with integrated Autostereoscopic
- 240 dots vertical (horizontal) × 800 dots / (46.08mm vertical 76.8mm × horizontal) 3.53 type
- can be assigned respectively to 400 dot 800 dot the right eye-left eye (horizontal three-dimensional representation is possible)
- (Approximately 16.77 million colors viewable) LCD with touch input feature
- Type 240 3.02 × 320 dots vertical dots next to / (46.08mm 61.44mm × vertical horizontal)
- Two cameras inside / outside
- Resolution (0.3 mega pixels) 640 × 480 both lenses: the number of effective pixels CMOS /:: imaging element / focal length of approximately 300,000 pixels
- 2.4GHz communications passing between the play and play Nintendo 3DS available
- via the wireless LAN access point can be connected to the Internet (supports IEEE802.11b / g Reinforcement (WPA / WPA2 ) security) within 30m distance recommended ambient communication (※ may be shortened by circumstances)
- A / B / X / Y button, cross, L / R buttons, Start / Select button
- (Possible 360-degree analog input) Slide pad
- Touch screen
- Built-in microphone
- Motion sensor
- Gyro sensor
- System inputs
- Game card slot
- SD memory card slot
- Charging terminal
- AC adapter connection terminal
- Headphone connection terminal (stereo output)
- On the screen left and right stereo speakers (for surround pseudo-)
- (10cm when fully extended about) possible expansion and contraction
- If you want to play Nintendo software 3DS : about 3 hours to 6.5 hours
- if you want to play the Nintendo DS software: about 5 hours to 8 hours
- Battery life may vary depending on the brightness of the screen.
Also if you, for whatever reason, are annoyed about Nintendo announcing the 3DS XL, you should go watch this now.
UPDATE: Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are also holding Nintendo Directs. NOA’s is tonight at 9:00 PT and will be focused on 3DS, DS, and Wii. Watch it live here.
Original: Good old Nintendo is treating us to more news again on Friday! This is a Japanese Nintendo Direct, but I’d still expect some news that could apply to the world. It’ll be airing at 8:00 P.M. PT on the 21st. You can watch it live (in Japanese) here.
My wish for the event? News about Animal Crossing 3DS! “No Animal Crossing” was actually trending on Twitter after their 3DS E3 Software Showcase. They had to have noticed that right?